Miscellaneous > MP1 3TM

3TM Demos (Rabid Bitch of the North - Demos)

(1/6) > >>

rabidgerry:
I feel I'd like to share some demos of new songs I have written for my band on here.  Using 3TM and my DI recording setup.

These have no names as of yet and the band might actually be annoyed at me disclosing this stuff potentially before official release but f*ck it I wrote them so I can post them up if I want.

First one is actually combined with a Boss GT5 preamp sound, Marshall Model 1959 (not enough gain so EQ set before it with a mid/trebel boost).  Then a 3tm Patch.  Speaker sim is a green back one with um I forget the mic!!!

Anyways see what yall think.  Drums I programmed in a program called Hydrogen, beat for beat, no pre made loops.  I make all my own drum loops.

rabidgerry:
Another one, this time not as complete as the one before.  Just calling it "Pirate song" at the moment lol  no reason for this.

This is all 3TM.

rabidgerry:
This is another un-named track.  It's nearly finished as well.  Might move a few things here and there.  Also need a solo or something in there, may be in two places.  Nearly done :)  This is 3TM and Boss GT5 again.

MarshallJMP:
My favorite is nr3,nice song and sound.It seems to me you don't use a lot of gain,what settings do you use?
Anyway,typical 80's metal sound.

rabidgerry:
hahaha that's the patch you give me on all the tracks.  As I said two of the tracks have a Boss GT5 Patch mixed in also.  Its probably the right channel any time the boss was included, then left would be 3tm and then I'd do a third with the 3tm and have a subtle stereo chorus on there.

This is not a lot of gain?  ahahha  That's enough gain for me.  I will tell you I used to use a lot more but now I'm older I think it sounds better with less gain.  More ummmmmmmmmmm how shall I say, more stuff that seems to cut through better.

Basically I set my gain for most of my metal stuff by two factors. 

The first factor is spongey feel.  Do I have enough gain to do pull ons and pull offs and tapping and other stuff.  If I have that feel I will quit the gain.  Also I would say I try put enough on so I do not have to hit everything really hard.

Second factor, does the amount of gain add too much noise and also shitty fizz I don't want.  (this is a new factor I have started to adhere to).

Well I hope someone likes the songs because I'm going to play them live and very loud at some point and if no one thinks they are good then they're in for an awful lot of aggravation ahahahha    :facepalm:

Let me see if I have any of the individual tracks lying around, so you can hear the gain properly with each track.  Some times gain gets smoothed out by layering of tracks (this is what I find anyways.)

Any to all who listen.  These are demos.  I think they are decent demos (compared to what demos used to be like what with a tape recorder shoved up against an amp...........those were the days) but they are not like official releases or anything.  These are what I make and then let my band hear and then they learn them.  Some times I finish them totally sometimes I don't or by the time I finish them I just don't bother to do a demo of the whole song because the whole band will know it by then.

Just saying in case someone comes along and thinks this is shit. :lol:

MJMP Typical 80's metal sound,  it might be typical in that context but there is not a lot of bands I play with in 2015 that ever have a sound like me.  May be it's a sign I should change, but I'll never do that  ;)  80's is the best sounds for me, I have tried a long time to get as many flavours of that era as possible.  Still trying.   :crazy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version