Miscellaneous > MP2

My Basic Dirty Patch

(1/2) > >>

Dante:
Yo! I had the unique pleasure of typing this entire post twice! Yay! I had this all written out, with the settings for the patches and everything...when my browser crashed and lost it all! Yay!  So, here I am the next day to make it right.

I have attached a clip I recorded last night. It's just a riff I made up, then added some bass and some clean chords to keep it moving. Check it out. After Systematic Chaos' clip, I thought I should post something a little....er....less intimidating ;)

Basic Dirty Patch (#13): Voice:8 - Dynamic High Gain / Drive:75, OD:70, Mstr:80 / Comp:In, 30:1, Thresh:89, Gain:3 / Lo:+8, Mid:0, Hi:0, Pres:0 / EQ: 0, +4, +2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 / Wah:Out / Trem:Out / NR: In, Gate, Thresh:80 / Cho:Out

Clean Chords (#15): Voice:1 - Crystal Clean / Drive:51, Mstr:70 / Comp:In, 1.5:1 Thresh:74, Gain:1 / Lo:+4, Mid:0, Hi:+4, Pres:0 / EQ: +4, +2, +2, 0, 0, 0, 0, +6, 0 / Wah:Out / Trem:Out / NR:Out / Chorus:In, Depth:90%, Rate:0.3 / Plus a big Delay patch

Unfortunately, you're going to be hard-pressed to find a similar guitar. It's an 80s Ibanez Les Paul copy that weighs almost 12 pounds! Original Super 70 Pickups (which sound like old PAFs with a squeal on the edges of the notes - very easy to get pinch harmonics). I'd put this guitar against any mid-70s Gibson Les Paul. I tried a bunch before finding this tank of a guitar for a third of the price.

Enjoy the clip (it's short)

rnolan:
Hey Dante, cool, the guitar was a bit back in the mix though, made it hard to hear.  The Ibi LP has a nice bight  >:D

MarshallJMP:
Must agree with R,nice bite but it sounds a bit thin for me,maybe due to the mix?

Dante:
 :dunno: the whole mix sounds compressed to me

The guitar's PUs does have a bit of a squealy bite on the attack. This recording was direct, so it would warm up a bit with an amp & mic, I'm sure

rnolan:
Hey Dante, I just wanted to here it louder in the mix, but yes, it's an edgy PU (which I like  :thumb-up: BTW) and amp cabs is what it was made for, so would help

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version