ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NGD! MojoMojo OD pedal  (Read 3420 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
NGD! MojoMojo OD pedal
« on: Time Format »

I saw one of these on Craigslist for $45...they're $50 new. I ignored it.

Next week, it's $35. I scooped it up before someone else did.

Pretty sweet little addition to the pedal board. Now that I have loops to play with, I have pedals to try out. I have my trusty '81 TS-9 adding flavor to my Metal patch and now, the Mojomojo adding flavor to the Modern patch. Hey, if Paul Gilbert endorses it, I'm already listening. Every demo I've seen online pretty much does a good job of giving you the real tone of the beast. Lots of wool, great to fatten up an already fat tone without making mud. Also cleans up really nicely with picking attack or the volume knob.

I'm still scratching the surface with it. Sometimes, it rivals the Classic with that 'classic rock' crunch. That said, it's better as icing on the cake, rather than the whole cake and icing with it. I use the Classic for the cake, the pedals for a little sugar on top.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
Re: NGD! MojoMojo OD pedal
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Congrats! That’s a sweet deal! Pretty much what I do with a TS9DX Flexi4x2 (Keeley modded) or an MXR GT-OD

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

But wait...there's more

I just picked up a Boss Dyna Drive 2 for $40 - first impression; it is AWESOME. It's the picking attack machine. I can totally see myself using that pedal as a 'voicing' in my rig. Highly recommend.

The TCE MojoMojo continues to perform. It's a warm sounding bit of grit on top of an already great tone, so it's just icing on the cake. The TS-9 is what it is - a masterpiece of mild OD. Pic below, featuring (left to right) the Dyna Drive, the TS-9 and the Mojomojo

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, looks like a dogs breakfast LoL, How do you get your foot in there  :dunno: , ahh this is where the TC thingy comes in with its loops. At the end of the day I'm glad you are getting the sounds you want, just seems to be a regressive (and complicated) way to do it (albeit very interesting).  Isn't this what the Kempler attempts to solve ?  Not to poo poo your journey, but each additional $40 box adds noise and changes the dynamics/clarity of your signal. But hey. if it gets you want you want  :thumb-up: (sorry but the best thing about ADA preamps/poweramps/cabs/rack Fx to me was to rid myself of those pesky pedals and wall warts, granted the TC solves some of that). Anyway, your having fun  :whoohoo!::metal: and that's what really matters.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Richard,

I totally get where you're coming from, believe me. I could easily run without any stompboxes, and I have for years. Having the optional 'icing' is nice, and the pedals are not on the floor, they're in the rack, tucked away. The only cables I'm using is patch cords from loop to pedal, so they're only a few inches long = less noise. In fact, I've noticed no noise at all so far. The pedals are on all the time, the G-System simply toggles them on/off.

So, I would never have three pedals if it were not for the clean setup and ease of switching between dirt boxes to compare them. Once I decide which two I keep, I'll dump the third and pick up a synth pedal for keyboard parts.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, it's good you don't get any noise  :thumb-up: , are you running this in the classics loop or in front ?  In front makes more sense I guess.  Synth pedal is a good idea.  We finally, got a singer for our band  :whoohoo!: , he's got a TC Helicon voice live 3 extreme thingy he showed me last night, very interesting gadget, we havn't plugged it in yet, maybe at Sundays rehearsal, I watched a couple of youtubes about it, pretty amazing bit of kit, a stomp box on steroids.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

The stomps are in the loops of the G-system. The Classic is in a dedicated 'insert' loop, but it's plugged in just like another stomp. I have globally set every patch to use the Insert loop with the Classic. It's the voice, the G-system controls it and adds FX. I'm really just picking one more dirt box to have as another option for my TS-9. That Tubescreamer stays, regardless of which others don't.

Congrats on the new singer, lemme know about that voice live thingy, our singer actually has one too. I never tried it.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »
Pages: [1]   Go Up