ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheers from Italy!  (Read 7449 times)

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
Cheers from Italy!
« on: Time Format »

Hi guys!

And Happy new year to everyone.

Max from Genova (Italy) here.
45 years old, guitar addicted/lover, I own a lot of stuff I don't need but I cannot live without!  :banana-rock:

I've been an ADA MP-1 user for very long time in the past "huge guitar racks" years, but I sold my 1.38 and the old rack system about 20 years ago.
In the last days, I bought a V2.01 MP-1 and I'm back home.
I run it through a Zoom 9150 effects unit and then into a Rivera Pubster 25 combo: a blast of a rig I can use also late in the night without being arrested.
I'm trying to convince myself I absolutely DON'T need a Quadraverb, but I'm sure I'll fail.  :headbanger:

I would thank MarshallJMP for some good suggestions to fix a small issue with front/rear input: tomorrow I will try and I will let him/you know on another thread.

Now I will sleep...it's very late here!

Stay rock, folks!  :thumb-up:
On the run again!

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: Cheers from Italy!
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Happy New Year Max,

Welcome to the Depot :wave:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Max, welcome  :thumb-up: :wave:   Mmm I think you DO need a quadverb LoL.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hello Max and welcome!  :wave:
 I'm new too my friend, lots of very smart and knowledgeable people on this board!

And yes a Quadraverb is your friend, the GT one is cool too!  :D
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

Iperfungus

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Thank you guys!

I see a lot of ADA addicted here, so I'm in the right place.
I've lurked this place from time to time in the past, but now that I own a MP-1 again...I need to see/learn/do more.

We'll have fun, I'm sure.

Now I'm going to look for a Quadraverb...  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

:wave:
On the run again!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Max, fun is what it's all about  :thumb-up: . To get the most out of your MP1 rig, run it in stereo  >:D . Warning, you'll never want to go back to mono  :facepalm: .

I've used a quadverb for over 30 years, and mine is still going strong  :thumb-up: .  Attached clip is Andeson ProAm > MP-1 > desk (add quadveb, IPS33 smart shift) > ADA B200s, stereo quad box.

Iperfungus

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Hey Max, fun is what it's all about  :thumb-up: . To get the most out of your MP1 rig, run it in stereo  >:D . Warning, you'll never want to go back to mono  :facepalm: .

I've used a quadverb for over 30 years, and mine is still going strong  :thumb-up: .  Attached clip is Andeson ProAm > MP-1 > desk (add quadveb, IPS33 smart shift) > ADA B200s, stereo quad box.

Very good "old school" tones here, mate!  :metal:

At the moment, I'm using a kind of "stereo triamping" home rig: I run the MP-1 into the 9150, then one out of 9150 goes to Rivera and the other one runs into a small Blackstar Fly 3 amp with its external cabinet.
I've the Rivera on the ground and the Blackstar on the table, at my ears level...it's a blast of a 3D rig to play home!  :)
I can enjoy stereo or ping-pong delay effects a lot.

Of course, a power amp and a good stereo 2x12 cab would be the best...but I need more space... ^^
Anyway, I assume that an ADA B200S or a classic Marshall Valvestate 8008 with a 1922 Marshall cabinet would do the work.
I had a very good Microtube 100 in the past, but it's almost impossible to find one in these days.

About the Quadraverb...I found one for 90 euros near here... :facepalm:
On the run again!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Welcome to the Depot Iperfungus!!

I used a QV for very many years myself, no shame there. I also used a little Marshall 8008 (Valvestate) power amp and was very happy with it, but if you find a B200s, that would be my first choice. I look forward to seeing your new rig evolve...btw, you can keep stacking things UP so that you don't need more space  :thumb-up:

Welcome back to CRACK gear ;)

Iperfungus

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Welcome to the Depot Iperfungus!!

I used a QV for very many years myself, no shame there. I also used a little Marshall 8008 (Valvestate) power amp and was very happy with it, but if you find a B200s, that would be my first choice. I look forward to seeing your new rig evolve...btw, you can keep stacking things UP so that you don't need more space  :thumb-up:

Welcome back to CRACK gear ;)

Ciao Dante!
Thanks a lot, mate.

You've an italian name: are you from Italy as well?

About gear, if I keep stacking stuff I will reach the ceiling very quickly...  :banana-dance:  :banana-jazz-smiley-emoticon: :banana-skipping-rope-smiley-e
I will surely look for a QV now...and I saw a B200S sold for 120 euro here in Italy...but I will take my time before I buy a power amp and a cabinet...you know...we've to let our wives accept the idea of another piece of gear in the house.  ;D

Now I'm more considering to use MP-1 in stereo configuration: one output to Zoom 9150, the other to QV...and then one effect to the Rivera and the other to the Blackstar...

At the moment, thanks to MJMP suggestions, I managed a little issue with rear and front input on my MP-1 and now I'm messing up with tubes...  :facepalm:
Another long and dark tunnel to enter in...  >:D

Tomorrow I will manage to post something to explain the above issue and the way I handled it.

Oh...and the battery...it's the original one and it still measures something among 2.8 and 2.9 Volts...not so bad, for an old guy!

I definitely love this place.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Iperfungus »
On the run again!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey Max, if you see a B200s for a good price pounce on it (she'll never know, hey it's only 2RU) as they are pretty sought after.

I'd suggest you put the zoom in the MP-1 loop and then chain through the QV in stereo (actually, with a QV you won't need the zoom).

Tube wise (there's lots of opinions around here LoL), JJs work well (or Boogie SPAX7s but they are double the price for the same thing), or my fav are the New sensor Mullard re-issues.  I use the long plates in all my MP-2s, love them.  MikeB uses a Boogie SPAX7 (JJ rebadged) and a Mullard short plate in his MP-1. IIRC he has the Mullard in V1 to set the tone with the Boogie in V2.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Hey IF, just saw your email, great you have solved the problem !

Iperfungus

« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Hey IF, just saw your email, great you have solved the problem !

Well, actually YOU solved the problem MJMP!  :bow:

Without your suggestions, I wouldn't have solved anything.

By the way, as an old ADA advertisement said, the MP-1 is "the overdrive that drive 'em crazy".

Ok, I will open a new thread on the right section.
On the run again!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

I am not from Italy, but my family is. I was named after by Grandfather, who came into the US with his brother and my great Grandfather. Great grandad had $8 on him when he arrived at Ellis Island in NYC....with two kids....and no job. Crazy.

You can run your two combos in stereo, that'll work fine until you develop a rack rig. I have a secondary rig with just an MP-2 and a Boss GX-700. That 2u rack sits on top of my Marsha combo for smaller gigs. The only bad thing about two combos, getting the volumes matched and getting the bass player to leave it alone (if he's on that side of the stage).

MJMP is great for solving problems and passing along the credit, as if you figured it out yourself. That's why we love him  :bow:

Welcome to the asylum, nice to have you along.

Iperfungus

« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

I am not from Italy, but my family is. I was named after by Grandfather, who came into the US with his brother and my great Grandfather. Great grandad had $8 on him when he arrived at Ellis Island in NYC....with two kids....and no job. Crazy.

Italians do it better!
Never forget it!  :green-banana-smiley-emoticon:

You can run your two combos in stereo, that'll work fine until you develop a rack rig. I have a secondary rig with just an MP-2 and a Boss GX-700. That 2u rack sits on top of my Marsha combo for smaller gigs. The only bad thing about two combos, getting the volumes matched and getting the bass player to leave it alone (if he's on that side of the stage).

I had a Boss GX-700 in my old rack too: a good unit.
Too bad it has not stereo inputs, otherwise I would be looking for a one of those toys today.

MJMP is great for solving problems and passing along the credit, as if you figured it out yourself. That's why we love him  :bow:

Eh...he's THE BEST!
Even if I found very good people here in the Depot as well!

Welcome to the asylum, nice to have you along.

Happy to be around.
On the run again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up