Miscellaneous > Rants & Raves

Fretwraps

(1/3) > >>

Zilthy:
Okay, I am going to sound like an old woman here, where "Well, I walked to school in the snow 3 miles, uphill both ways!"

But, seriously, what's the deal with fretwraps?  Okay, I get, there *can* be a purpose, but it's usually something really outside the box playing.  But almost every kid youtbuber or Faceb**k guitar hero is using them, and I am thinking like "Maybe just learn how to play less sloppily?"

I have to admit it's probably being old.  I want to yell "Stop the Djent!!!!  We've lost a whole generation of bassists because you're playing that part too!"

*sigh*

Systematic Chaos:
https://youtu.be/xJIRmnpTFRc
1:32 .... Spot on!

rnolan:
I had no idea what they were until now.  Each to their own I spose.  For me right and left hand muting have always been part of the skill required to play.  But I also had other fish to fry when learning like how to control a '72 Marshall fully cranked, another skill probably not learnt/required in these modern days of modelling etc.(Maybe just learn how to play less sloppily?), maybe just learn to play  :dunno:

vansinn:
Instead of using wraps, try slide your pinky across the low strings as a damper.
Wraps, I guess, originates mostly from [double hand] tapping, where it's highly useful.

(I don't think we've lost a generation because of djent; bass players just need to adapt to more strings too.. ;) )

rabidgerry:
never heard of this shit.

I'm not the worlds perfect guitar player but I certainly wouldn't try and cheat.  Ditto what Richard said.

Is a fret wrap the same as using a hair band on strings?

youtubers can go f*ck themselves btw.  Some videos are excellent learning experience and very practical, but others are not and purely for vanity.  I won't get started on why I hate a lot of the "youtuber" types as many would disagree  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version