ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any albums recorded with MP-2?  (Read 3957 times)

nomorepeople

Any albums recorded with MP-2?
« on: Time Format »

I was curious if anybody knows any bands that have recorded albums using MP-2 or have been known to use it live.  I used it live over the past year in a 2-piece band (no bassist) and was pleased with the sound but was wondering if anybody else has seen an MP-2 in the real world.  Currently I'm recording an album with my Carvin 727 w/ SD Invader in bridge ->MP-2 direct -> Mackie Mixer -> M Audio Delta 4x4 into a 2007 HP computer.  All rhythms are double tracked 100% left and 100% right  (guitar is scooped with lots of bottom for the "f*ck you" factor and the other guitar has lots of mids for definition and "claws."  I've just finished tracking everything and will have a mix up within a week.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Any albums recorded with MP-2?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I've done lots of recordings with my MP2 not that they are albums out there as such (cab sims direct, awesome..).  I've used mine live ever since they made it to Australia and still do, best pre-amp I've ever had, traded up from MP1 (I loved it too, but I like  the MP2 better...).
I suspect that all the Trevor Rabin work with YES (owner of a lonely heart etc) and his solo album(s) is MP2 (I heard he used ADA and it's not MP1 (for my ears), very much MP2 territory).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up