ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Firmware update? Hex?  (Read 5619 times)

ak0

Firmware update? Hex?
« on: Time Format »

Hi, can anyone provide a link to download firmware hex (or .bin) version 1.41?
Thanks for advance!

PS: Yes, I saw programmed chips on ebay, but its not an original, so I see no difference between buying and downloading.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Firmware update? Hex?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey ak0, hard to find the original ADA EPROMs no doubt (and there weren't that many v1.41 EPROM around before ADA ended).  MJMP sells direct copies of the EPROMs (copied, not programmed as such) (http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/miscellaneous_parts_and_replacement_tubes.htm). v1.41 was for the MP2 (I'm assuming this is the one your after).  The EPROM in my MP2 is one that was directly copied from an original EPROM (so identical). v1.41 makes patch changes faster amongst other things.  Not sure you can get the code, I spose you could reverse engineer an EPROM or ask A/DA.  But unless your really keen to fiddle, I'd pay the 10 euros and get one from MJMP (whom I trust without question).  I wouldn't speak for the ebay ones, then I'm not a fan of modern day ebay.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

ak0

Re: Firmware update? Hex?
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Nobody talking about reverse engineering, it's a pretty dumb work: copy one EEPROM chip to another by a chip programmer. Perhaps I'm just not ready to pay 10 euros for 5 cent work :)
By the way, I read about the modification of original firmware and I even had a link to a HEX on an old forum, unfortunately this link dead many years ago.
Pages: [1]   Go Up